Early Life and Education
Engr. Abubakar Ahmed was born on the 4th of March, 1973. He hails from Birnin Kebbi local government area of Kebbi State.
He obtained his primary school certificate and secondary school certificate at central primary school Birnin Kebbi (1984) and Government Science Secondary School Birnin Kebbi (1990), He proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University , Zaria and obtained a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) degree in Chemical Engineering in the year 2000 and thereafter served (NYSC) at West Africa oil field services company limited Port-Harcourt under safety department from 2000-2001. He also obtained a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) Specializing in Human Resources Management from Bayero University Kano In the year 2012. Engr Abubakar also obtained another Masters degree (M.Engr) in Energy Engineering from Bayero University Kano in the year 2016.
Abubakar started his working career with Michelin Tyre services company limited as sales executive (Car/ Van) Jos Office where he covers, plateau, Bauchi, Gombe and Adamawa states from march, 2002 to November, 2002. He was promoted to the rank of sales Executive (Multi Product) and posted to Benin City Office. Where he covers Edo, Kogi, Delta and Ondo States from 2002 to 2005 and later transferred to Kano office of the same organization where he covers; Kano, Jigawa and Bauchi States From2005 to 2007.
He joined the services of AfriBank Nigeria PLC Kano as relationship officer from 2008 to 2011. He joined National Biotechnology Development Agency and he was posted to Aquaculture Training Centre (Now Bioresources Development Centre Kano) Where he served as Coordinator and later transferred to Abuja Headquarters under Environmental Biotechnology from 2011- 2017.
He joined National Board For Technology Incubation (NBTI) in 2017 and was posted to Technology Incubation Centre Birnin Kebbi as Head of Science and Technical Department from 2017 to 2018, and in January 2019 he was appointed as Centre Manager Technology Incubation Centre Gusau and he was later transferred to Technology Incubation Centre Sokoto also as Centre Manager from 2022 to date.
Abubakar is a member of;
- Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers
- Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Solar Energy Society of Nigeria
- International Association of Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Commerce of Nigeria
- Registered Engineers (Council for the regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
He had the following publications;
- Physico Chemical, GC.MS Analysis and Cold Saponification of Baobab (Adansonia Digital L., Malvaceae) Seed Oil. (2015).
- GC-MS Analysis of Hexane Extract of Jatropha Curcas l., Seed Oil (2015).
- Physico Chemical, GC.MS Analysis Cold Saponification of Canary Melon (Cucumis Melo) Seed Oil. (2015)
- Oxidative Stability of jatropha Biodiesel and its effect on the Performance of Diesel Engine. (2016)
- A Review of Oxidative Stability of Jatroha Biodiesel and its effect on Engine Performance and Emission. (2016).
- Effect of Oxidation stability of Jatropha Biodiesel on the Emission of Diesel Engine. (2016)
- Performance of a single Cylinder Two stroke Engine Running on Jatropha Biodiesel Blended with Kerosene. (2017).
- Effect of Antioxidant on properties of Jatropha Biodiesel. (2017)
Abubakar is married with six children.