Ahmad Abubakar-Sadeeq born in August 1969 is the Centre Manager - Technology Incubation Centre Lafia, Nasarawa State under National Board for Technology Incubation, Federal Ministry of Innovation, Science & Technology.
A. A. Sadeeq is a master strategist, goal getter and an achiever per excellence, a team player who is very hard working and dedicated to duty. He is a stunt advocate of entrepreneurship, a strong promoter of skill acquisition with a bias for venture creation, and a focused professional and experienced Administrator. He is Sagacious, Upright, Diligent with Absolute Fairness and Accountability and determined towards achieving set targets.
EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
Ahmad Abubakar-Sadeeq hails from Nasarawa Local Government of Nasarawa State, North Central Nigeria. He attended LEA Primary School Onda where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate in 1984. He then proceeded to Government Secondary School Rubochi where he got his Senior School Certificate in 1990. He further went to Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa where he obtained his ND and HND in 1995 and 2000 respectively. He later obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Nasarawa State University in 2010 and also obtained an MBA in Entrepreneurship and Venture Creation from Bayero University Kano in 2021. He is a License holder to practice as a Business Consultant and National Business Development Service Provider (NBDSP) in Nigeria in 2022 with a practicing Seal.
Ahmad A. Sadeeq had a stint with Abuja Sheraton Hotel & Towers between 1995 – 1996. He started his early career with the FCT Area Council Service Commission in 1996 where he was the Chief Secretary to Commission Secretary - ACSC from 2003 – 2007. He was also the Secretary-General ACSC/ACSPB Savings & Loans Scheme from 2003 – 2007.
He later transferred his services from FCT Area Council Service Commission to NBTI in 2007 and was appointed as Chief Secretary to DG NBTI from 2007 – 2011. While in NBTI headquarters he was instrumental to the formation and registration of NBTI Cooperative, Thrift & Credit Society where he became the pioneer Secretary-General from 2008 – 2011 .
He was later transferred to Technology Incubation Centre Kano in September 2011. While at TIC Kano, he was appointed the Acting Centre Manager from 2019 – 2020. He ensured that certain structures and policies which are important to the growth of TIP such as “Desk officers” to the relevant departments in BUK and other higher institutions in Kano State was put in place and implemented. He introduced the “Compulsory” policy of wearing Staff and Entrepreneurs Identification Card within the office premises and effect the policy of Corporate Dressing” as enshrined in the Public Service Rules. He put in place the first ever Registry in TIC Kano. An Establishment Division was equally created out of the Administration Department by him for smooth day-to-day running and administration of the Centre due to its busy nature and large number of staff. It is to his credit that the Mechanical workshop of the Centre was put to functional use when he assumed the mantle of leadership of the Centre and ensured that 3-phase light supply required in the workshop was supplied and some of the un-installed machines were installed for the benefit of the Centre and to generate IGR for the Centre. To ensure cleanliness of the Centre, “end of the month” sanitation was introduced and he equally put in place a “Display Centre” where entrepreneur’s products are displayed for guest/visitors to the Centre to have a view at a glance. He also introduced “Weekend Duty Roster” to ensure presence of staff in the Centre during weekend as most entrepreneurs do not observe weekend. To beautify the Centre, two roundabouts were constructed and solar street lights installed through cooperation and contribution from entrepreneurs in the Centre. He was able to secure collaboration with Vision FM Kano for airing of TIP program and its benefits to the community. He is credited for the positive facelift of TIC Kano.
He was appointed as a substantive Centre Manager of Technology Incubation Centre Lafia in July 2022. As the present Centre Manager, he has ensured effective linkages and collaborations with all the government-owned Tertiary Institutions in the state in order to attract viable R & D from the institutions for possible commercialization.
Also, in in order to create awareness about Technology Incubation Program to the citizens and resident of Nasarawa state, he has effectively established an understanding with Nasarawa Broadcasting Services (NBS) where a weekly appearance is being made on both radio and television by both staff and entrepreneurs in the Centre; the radio segment is broadcasted in Hausa while the Television segment is broadcasted.
He is a recipient of Joint Campus Committee (Kano, Katsina and Jigawa axis) of National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS) award as an “Icon of Societal Development”. An award he received in recognition of his Sagacity, Uprightness, Diligent, Disposition of Duties with Absolute Fairness and Accountability (NANS 2022).
He holds a prestigious traditional Royal title of “Wakilin Osu-Ajiri of Edegye Chiefdom” in Edegye Development Area, Nasarawa LGC of Nasarawa State.
He is a member of the following professional organizations.
- A Certified Member of National Business Development Service Provider (BDSP)
- A Fellow of Institute of Industrialist & Corporate Administrators (FIICA)
- Member of Chartered Institute of Certified Secretaries and Reporters (MCICSR)
WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS ATTENDED
He has attended several trainings and workshops namely:
- June 2022 – Office Politics Management for Managers, Civil Servants, and Administrators organized by Association of Business Managers and Administrators of Nigeria (ABMAN).
- May 2022 – Capacity Building Programme on Development of Entrepreneurs and Staff organized by National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI).
- April 2022 – Understanding the Personality in an Organization organized by Association of Business Managers and Administrators of Nigeria (ABMAN).
- December 2021 – Basic Entrepreneurship Development organized by Dangote Business School, Bayero University Kano (BUK).
- November 2021 – Good Governance and Sustainable Development Amidst Global Pandemic organized by Institute of Industrialist and Corporate Administrators (IICA).
- September 2021 Quality Management Systems – ISO 9001:2015 Awareness/Foundation organized by Nigeria Quality Infrastructure Forum (NiQIF).
- April 2017 – Sectorial Stakeholders Workshop on Reduction of Substandard Goods in Nigeria North-West Zone/Improvement of Agricultural Produce for Export organized by Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON).
- May 2008 – National Sensitization Workshop on “Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria Universities organized by National University Commission (NUC) in Collaboration with National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI).
- November 2022 – Managerial Ethical Standard for Public Servants organized by Chartered Institute of Business Managers and Administrators.
- October 2022 – Organizational Strategies to Deal with Frustration in Work Place.
- August 2022 – Trademark – The Password to Secure your Business.
- Administrative Communication Skills
- November 2022 – Project Management Awareness Level 2.
- August 2023 – North Central Customers Forum organized by Central Bank of Nigeria.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS/LECTURES DELIVERED
He has delivered lectures on:
- Successful Nigeria Entrepreneurs – “How they started” – Being lecture delivered/Book Distribution at NYSC Orientation Camp Karaye, Kano State (May 2020);
- Successful Nigeria Entrepreneurs – “How they started” – Being lecture delivered/Book Distribution at Federal Polytechnic Kazaure, Jigawa State (July 2021), Federal University Dutsenma, Katsina State (August 2021);
- Application of Public Service Rule in the Civil Service: Being a paper presented to all staff of Technology Incubation Centre, Kano (July 2017).
He has the following publication to his credit:
- The Role of Technology Incubation in the Development of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria – International Journal, the Economics – October, 2021.
- Application of Multimedia in Training Entrepreneurs of Technology Incubation Centers in Nigeria – International Journal of Computer Science Telecommunication, December 2016 – Vol.7 Issue. 8.
- The Role of Technology Incubation in the Development of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria – 2019 (NBA Thesis).
- Prospects of Local Government funding in Nigeria – A case Study of Abuja Municipal Area Council – 2006 (PGDM Thesis).
- Relevant Changes in secretarial Profession – A Case Study of Julius Berger Nigeria Limited – 2000 (HND Project).