Engr Shehu Mohammed (born in Feb, 1976) is the Centre Manager Technology Incubation centre Kaduna. He is a strong advocate of Entrepreneurship and business growth and has a strong passion for efficiency and effectiveness in operations.
He is a focused professional and experienced in public sector accounting, financial reporting and analysis. He is an enthusiastic team player with high level of cooperation and collaboration, scrupulously vigilant about details and determined towards achieving set targets.
Early Life and Education
Engr Shehu Mohammed was born in Azare town in Kataguma Local Government of Bauchi State He attended Day primary School Azare and Government Science Secondary Schoo Azare. He then proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (ABU) from 1993 to 2001 where he obtained Bachelor Of Engineering in Chemical Engineering.
He was employed as a chemical engineer II in December 2005 at Technology Incubation Centre, Bauchi. As a technical officer he was assigned the responsibility of identifying relevant entrepreneurs and R&D’s from our Tertiary Institutions for commercialization which he has achieved a lot at the centre, he also contributed in many products development at the centre particularly in chemical process technology.
He was instrumental to various growths associated with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Bauchi and its environs through effective collaborations, trainings, mentorship, sourcing of loan capital, etc. He has written several business plans for entrepreneurs that aided them access loan capital from Commercial Banks, Micro Finance Banks, Bank of Industry (BoI), beneficiaries of Seed Money from the Youths With Innovation (YouWin) programme. In the commercialisation of R&D Results and nurturing of budding entrepreneurs which is the main focus of the Technology Incubation Programme (TIP), he ensured that Technical Department made very meaningful contributions towards the growth of entrepreneurs and TI Programme at large.
He rose through the rank of Assistance Director and was appointed the Centre Manager in December 2019 to coordinate the activities of the Centre.
He is a member of the following professional organisations
- An Associate Member of Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSche)
- An Associate Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- A Certified Engineer with COREN
Workshops and Trainings Attended
He has attended several trainings and workshops namely:
- Inventors & Innovators Summit (Bauchi) Sept. 2007
- New Direction in R&D and Innovation Management (NACETEM, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife) June,2009
- Training workshop for fabrication NBRRI designed machines October 2013.
- Entrepreneurship development workshop organized by Bank of Industry, May 2017
- Gemstone training to trading workshop organized by Bank of Industry & Laurel school of Mines Lagos, February 2017.
- Capacity building workshop for SME’s organized by Bank of Industry, August 2017.
He has presented papers on:
- The Role of Technology Incubation in Bridging Academia – Industry Relationship , A paper presented at NSE Monthly Congress Kaduna State Chapter 2022
Technology Incubation Program in Nigeria Prospect and Challenges – A paper presented at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi 2018
- Book keeping in Sole Proprietorship Business. A paper presented during the In – House Seminar for Entrepreneurs of Technology Incubation Centre, Nnewi in September 2004
Publications and Projects
He has the following unpublished publications to his credit:
- Design of a Plant for the Production Of 100M3 /Day Absolute Alcohol From Distillation of Ethanol Mixtures Using Three Alternative Routes For Heat Economy. Design Project 2001
- Performance Evaluation of Naphtha Hydro treating Unit, Fuel Section KRPC Kaduna