Bila Ahmed was born to the family of Alhaji Ahmadu Baba on 10th October, 1971 in the town of Potiskum, Potiskum Local Government Area of Yobe State. He is an indigen of Potiskum town of Potiskum Local Government, Yobe State.
He started his education at Race Course Primary School from 1979 to 1984 there he proceeded to Govermnent Day Secondary School Potiskum. Later in 1989, Government Senior Secondary School was established by Borno State Government, Bila Ahmed was transferred to GSSS Biu to continue his studies in the field of science where he graduated in 1990, he obtained Senior Secondary School Certificate.
His educational career continuous in 1991, when he gained admission into Pre-NCE Technical at Federal Collage of Education (Tech) Potiskum to read NCE Technical (Mechanical) and full admission into the program in 1992 where he graduated in 1995.
In 1999, Bila Ahmed got admission to study B. ENG. (Mechanical) in University of Maiduguri and graduated 2005 as Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical). At the end of the course, Bila Ahmed served in Cross River State for his National Youth Service Corps in 2006 to 2007.
Work Experience: He started his working career in 1996 as an employee by Yobe State Television, with a rank of Assistant Film Editor and rank through promotion to senior producer in the year 2004. In 2008 after the service year, Bila Ahmed was laterally converted to Senior Engineer and a subsequent promotion in 2010 to Principal Mechanical Engineer. In April, 2011 Bila Ahmed was transferred to Yobe State Ministry of works on the same grade level.
He joined the services of National Board for Technology in October 2011 as Mechanical Engineer I, upgrade to Senior Mechanical Engineer in 2012 and rank through promotions to the rank of Assistant Director, Engineering in 2022.
He was appointed Centre Manager in Technology incubation Centre, Yola from 15th January, 2020 to date.
Bila Ahmed is registered engineer with Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
Bila Ahmed attended many trainings/workshops which include:
- Public Service Reforms, organized by Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, 2011;
- Induction training for Engineers, Technicians and Scientific Officers organized by NBTI, 2012
- Foundry Technology organized by NBTI ,2012;
- Maintenance and trouble shooting, organized by NBTI, 2012;
- Engineering Design and Fabrication, organized by NBTI in conjunction with I AM Technologies Limited, 2015;
- Skilled Development Course for Admin. and Personnel Officers, organized by ITF, 2016;
- Sensitization Workshop on Administrative, Accounting, Auditing, Procurement and Store Techniques & Procedures organized by NBTI, 2018.
- GIFMIS Budget Preparation Subsystem organized by Budget Office of the Federation, 2019.