Hajia Halima Mohammed (born 8th June, 1968) to the family of late Alhaji Babayo Mustapha and Hajia Salamatu Bello in the town of Azare, Katagum Local Government, Bauchi State. She hails from Azare town of Katagum Local Government Area in Bauchi State.
Early Life and Education
Hajia Hadiza Mohammed started her Islamic Education in her early age of 3 from her late father and later her Primary School Education at Nasarawa East Primary School, Azare from 1972 to 1978, she obtained her Grade II Teacher Certificate from Women Teachers College, Azare from 1978 to 1983.
She obtained her Nigeria Certificate in Education in English and Islamic Studies from Institute of Education, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (College of Education Azare Campus) from 1985 to 1988, she got her First Degree in Linguistic English (Combine) from University of Maiduguri in October 1993, after which she proceeded to Bayero University, Kano (BUK) for her Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from 2000 to 2001, she also got her Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA) from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria in January 2011.
Hadiza had done her National Youth Service in Kaduna, Kaduna State in 1993/1994 where she was posted for Primary Assignment to Habib Bank Nigeria Plc and served as Cashier.
Hadiza started her career as a Director in Fatauci Nigeria Limited from 1988 to 1990 where she was in charge of General Administration and Coordination of the Company activities.
Upon graduation, Hadiza was employed in 1997 as Casual Staff at Inland Bank Nigeria Plc, 2 Murtala Mohammed Way, Kano, in 1999 she was confirmed full time staff, and later transferred to Lagos, while in Lagos she works in Cash Deposit, Fund Transfer and Clearing, she was later transferred back to Kano and while in Kano Hadiza rose up to the rank of Head Marketing Department (Assistant Manager) in charge of Marketing from 2006 to 2008.
Hadiza joined the service of the National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI) in August, 2008. While in the service of National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI) Hadiza served in various capacities as:
- Centre Manager Technology Incubation Centre (TIC), Bauchi, Bauchi State from August 2008 to January 2018.
- Zonal Coordinator North East, domiciled at Technology Incubation Centre, Bauchi from 2013 to 2016.
- Zonal Director National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI) North Central Zonal Office, Minna, Niger State from January 2018 to date.
Ad-hoc Duties at National Board for Technology Incubation included:
- Chairman, Committee on Product Selection during the National Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Clinic in Bauchi State by His Excellency, the Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
- Secretary, Technical Advisory Committee of Technology Incubation Centre, Bauchi.
- Co-option into the management Team at the Headquarters to participate in decision making at the Board.
Workshops and Trainings Attended
Hadiza attended several International and Local Trainings within and outside Nigeria such as:
- Implementing a Monitory Programme organized by African Incubation Network, West African in Cooperation with the National Board for Technology Incubation and the Association of Telecommunication of Nigeria, in Lagos Nigeria in June, 2012
- Technology Commercialization through Incubator organized by African Incubation Network, West African in Cooperation with the National Board for Technology Incubation and the Association of Telecommunication of Nigeria, in Lagos Nigeria in June, 2012
- Presentation Skills Workshop organized by Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Nigeria in July, 2010
- Science and Technology Project Management organized by National Centre for Technology Management, Nigeria in June, 2010
- Capacity Building Programme for Business Technology Managers organized by Asia Pacific Incubation Network (APIN) India in December, 2009
- IFCSME Toolkit-Building the Capacity of Small Business organized Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Development, Brazil in October, 2009
- Establishing a Monitoring Programme organized Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Development, Brazil in October, 2009
- 3rdInfoDev Global Forum on Innovation and Entrepreneurship and XIX Brazilian National Seminar of Science Parks and Business Incubation, Brazil organized by Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Development in October, 2009
- Strategic Planning and Management Workshop organized by Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Nigeria in June, 2009
- Applied Political Economics on Vision 2020 organized by Economic Laboratory Supported by US Embassy, Nigeria and MDGs, Abuja in May, 2009
- Zonal Stakeholders’ Sensitization Workshop on Technology Incubation Programme in Nigeria organized by National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI) in Collaboration with National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Nigeria in November, 2008
- Finacle Training for End Users organized by Expert Edge Training Centre, Nigeria in February, 2008
Hadiza is Computer literate; she loves reading and likes traveling.