Engr. Abubakar Adamu Wara mnse, was born to the family of Late Alhaji Adamu Abubakar Wara and Hajiya Rabiatu Musa Maishanu on Wednesday 8th December, 1968.
Though his father hails from Wara town in Ngaski Local Government Area of Kebbi State and his mother from Maru, he was raised and brought up in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara.
Early Life and Education
Abubakar started his educational pursuit at the age of six (6), where he attended Magajin Rafi Primary School, Tudun Wada Sokoto from 1974 to 1980; He then proceeded to Government Secondary Technical School (GSTS) Farfaru, Sokoto State from 1980 to 1985 for his secondary education.
He obtained a National Diploma in Agricultural Engineering and Higher National Diploma in Agricultural Engineering from the Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi in 1994 and 1996 respectively.
After his National Youth Service Corps in 1997, he went for a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) at the prestigious Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto and graduated in 2004. He further went to the Bayero University Kano and obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in mechanical Engineering (PGDM) in 2007 and a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering) in 2011 respectively from BUK. He is currently undertaking his Ph.D in Energy Engineering at the same Bayero University Kano.
Abubakar started his career as an Assistant Agricultural Supt. (Mechanical) in 1990 in the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Sokoto State and rose to the rank of Principal Agricultural Asst. (Mechanical) after the creation of Kebbi State in 1991.
He secured an appointment with the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology Abuja as Senior Technical Officer in 2002 and was posted to Technology Incubation Centre Gusau, Zamfara State. He rose through the ranks and became the Centre Manager, a position he held till 2017 when he was promoted to Deputy Director (Mechanical) and was posted to the Zonal Office, North-West Zone B Kano, where is currently the Superving Zonal Director in charge of the Technology Incubation centres Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Gusau, Birnin Kebbi and Sokoto.
Abubakar is a registered Engineer on the register of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and also a proud member of the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE).
Workshops and Trainings Attended
He attended several Local and International trainings, amongst others; Apologies for the confusion. Here's the list you provided formatted as an HTML ordered list:
- Techno-parks, Opportunity To Sieze a Lever of Competitiveness, COMSATS, INSTP Iran, COMSTECH, Islamabad Economic Cooperation School Foundation, Islamabad IDB and Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Pakistan. 30th January to 1st February, 2018.
- Technology Transfer And Commercialization in the OIC Member States: the Role of Techmart INSTP-Iran, COMSTECH and IDB, 12th - 16th December, 2016.
- Key Parameters In Science Park Management INSTP COMSTECH and IDB December 2015.
- 9th Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Management Training for Researchers in OIC Countries 10th-16th November, 2013, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. MTCP, Akademi Sains Malaysia.
- InfoDev Global Business Incubation Management Training. East London (eastern cape) South Africa. May 26th - 27th, 2013.
- Promoting Innovation & Entrepreneurship Through Incubation, Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) Ahmedabad, India. February 21st- March 31st, 2011.
- Eliminating Rural Poverty: Israel Development Experience. Negev Institute for Strategies of Peace a d Development (R.A) November 30th - 10th December, 2009.
- Celebrating FARA, Johannesburg, South Africa, Forum for Agricultural Research In Africa (FARA). 25th-28th, 2014.
- Train6of Fabricators on NBBRI Designed Machines. Nigerian Building a d Roads Research Institute (NBBRI).